Friday, January 25, 2013

Journal 1/25

My parents.

The other day my Mom came home and told that she was bragging about how self aware I am to someone. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was. The way it is in my house is that my parents see me and my actions as "The Norm" for teenagers, but as I know from being surrounding by teenagers all day, that is not the case. My parents expect me to excel and be a good kid because that's the way it's always been. There is no special accolade or prize for good grades and behavior, just a "Hey, I knew you could do it."  With this in mind, I thought it was really nice for my mom to mention the fact she is proud of me even when I wasn't there. It's just nice to know that my parents are, in fact, very pleased with me and my behavior and realize it gets really hard sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment